Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chapter 3


Khushi snatches her hands back and rubs it: Sthir Vidyut…
Arnav (bewildered): Sth… What?
Khushi explains: Sthir Vidyut… You know like you get shock when you rub your hand on wool in winter? Makes your hair stand?
Arnav (understanding dawns): Oh, you mean static electricity.
Khushi (nods her head): Yes. That…
Arnav chuckles and thinks to himself: Well, darling… There are more where that came from…
Khushi looks suspiciously and thinks: Why is he smiling so much? Am I looking weird in this hospital gown?
She looks around discreetly to locate a mirror.
Arnav sees Khushi’s eyes are roaming all over the room, trying to find something sneakily (or so she thinks but couldn’t be more obvious).
He sighs and asks: Khushi, what are you looking for?
Khushi’s eyes widen in surprise: How did you know I was looking for something? Are you a psychic or something?
Arnav shakes his head mentally and says: No Khushi. I just felt as if you need something.
Khushi still wide eyed nods her head: I need a mirror.
Arnav surprised: What? Mirror?
(Mentally thinks, “Women, Really… She just came out of coma and what she is looking for is a freaking mirror”)
He continues: Why?
Khushi blushes and scratches the back of her head: Errmmm… No reason. So do you have one?
Arnav (sarcastic): Yeah, I’m carrying a mirror around in a hospital because I gotta see my face every 10 minutes to ensure I look the same.
Khushi (wrinkles her brow): That’s quite a vanity. But just for your information, you were looking the same for the last 10 minutes. (Holds out her hand) So can I have your mirror?
Arnav looks up for a minute asking for patience, then looks at Khushi and enunciates each word very slowly: No Khushi. I’m not carrying a mirror. But I can ask the nurse to bring one if you tell me why you need it.
Khushi mutters: Then why did you say you had one? Honestly. (Loudly) I need a mirror for the same reason everyone needs a mirror. To see how I look.
Arnav smirks and bends down to her eye level making her breath catch in her throat: Well, then why didn’t you ask me? I can tell you how you look.
Khushi’s eyes widen: You?
Arnav’s eyes soften in love, he looks deep into her eyes and says with all the sincerity of his heart: You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
Khushi blushes and tries to look away: You are lying.
Arnav holds her chin gently, raises her face to his and asks: Look into my eyes Khushi. Am I lying?
Khushi’s soft moss green eyes meet his molten caramel ones and she looks in wonder her reflection in those deep eyes.
She whispers: No.
Arnav can’t look away from those wide deep eyes which always made him lose his senses and always will.
Khushi whispers: Laad Governor…
Arnav’s eyes widen, he grabs Khushi’s arms and asks: Do you remember, Khushi?
Khushi suddenly feels a flash of light pass behind her eyes and she flinches away at the sudden pain in her head.
Arnav gets alarmed at her sudden pain. He asks urgently: Khushi, are you okay?
Khushi shakes her head trying to get away from the pain.
A lot of jumbled up images keep crowding in her mind and she slumps forward in a sudden faint.
Arnav quickly catches her and calls out for doctor while the family rushes in.
The doctor comes in and sends them out.
Arnav runs his fingers through his already disheveled hair and paces in the corridor.
The doctor comes out of Khushi’s room.
Arnav rushes to him: Doctor, I don’t know what happened. Why did she suddenly react like that?
The doctor says: I think Mr. Raizada, she suddenly had a flash of memory which her brain is resisting. I have given her sedative to put her to sleep. However, my recommendation is let her memory take its time to come back. Don’t press her to remember. Her brain is already at a fragile state, it needs time to recoup its strength.
Arnav nods slowly: Doctor, can we take her home?
The doctor thinks for a moment: Well, I suppose you can. But you should get a nurse for her medication and urgent care.
Arnav nods: Don’t worry about that. If you recommend a nurse, we will hire her. Don’t worry about money. Khushi will get the best care possible. It’s my responsibility.
The doctor nods his head: I’d recommend Lacy D’Souza. She is the best in the department.
Arnav agrees: Thanks doctor. Please arrange for Khushi’s discharge. Also, Lacy’s appointment letter as Khushi’s nurse.
The doctor shakes Arnav’s hand: No problem. I’ll prepare the discharge papers and the rest of the documents.
Arnav shakes his hand: Thanks.
After the doctor leaves, he walks to Khushi’s room to see her through the small glass window on her door. He vows: Khushi, I promise you, nothing is going to hurt you from now on, not even the past memories, even if it means that I have to wipe myself from your mind.

2 comments:

  1. Nice!!!!

    Dont want A to sacrifice.......K has done tht more timez than we can count....now i want them to b selfish & think bout themselves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww just the eye lock n her laad governor is back! So rabba ves will get her memory back but according to medical saying its bad for her health so mr Asr please avoid rabba ves as of now and no pls hes repentin n ready to sacrifice that's enuf! Dnt actually make him sacrifice! Pls pretty pls
    Cheers
    Twilightstar_Jp

    ReplyDelete