Saturday, December 1, 2012

Chapter 5


Arnav was shocked. He thought back of the time when he lost his voice due to Khushi’s mosquito coil and Khushi could read his heart before he needed to speak.

The memory of that time might be wiped out from Khushi’s brain, but the connection between their hearts is still there.

He looked at Khushi and softly said, “No, I didn’t call you.”
He finished the thought in his head, “I just called my soul and she answered.”

Khushi looked at him apologetically, “Sorry, I came to poolside through your room. I knocked on the door and no one answered so I thought it was empty.”
Arnav smiles at her, “You can come here anytime. Everything I have is yours.”
Khushi gets surprised, “What?”
Arnav rectifies his slip in a hurry, “I mean, feel free to come here. You are our guest and as such treat my home as yours and be comfortable.”
Khushi smiles, “How nice of you. Thank you. Truly, Jiji is very lucky to have such a family like yours. But don’t worry, I will leave as soon as I’m okay to leave. I asked amma why do I need to stay at Jiji’s in-laws, but she said I will be more comfortable here. But I won’t take advantage of your hospitality.”
Arnav assures, “Stay as long as you want. Payal is now a daughter of this family and as her sister, so are you.”
Khushi smiles, “Okay. I need to go. I’m feeling sleepy.”
Arnav comes closer to her, “Do you need help to go to your room?”
Khushi smiles, “No. I will manage.”
She leaves.
Arnav walks behind her to make sure she reached her room safely and then comes back to his room and lies down on his side of the bed.
He looks at the empty side on the other end and thinks of those times when he used to sleep with Khushi’s hand in his and a tear drop runs down his cheek.

Next morning, Shantivan

Everyone gathers around the table for breakfast. Nani called out HP to serve breakfast when a whirlwind Khushi comes out of the kitchen with trays of food.
Nani asked worriedly, “Khushi bitiya, why did you made so much effort? You are not well, you should have taken rest.”
Khushi chirps, “Naniji, I was getting bored staying in bed. So I thought why don’t I make you all breakfast. Now you may not know it, but I’m a pretty good cook, just ask Jiji.”
Arnav comes down for breakfast when he hears Khushi’s statement. He gets angry seeing her working. He barks, “Khushi, when you were told to stay in bed, why did not you stay there? Why can’t you do what you are told once in your life?”
Khushi’s eyes widen at the sudden change of attitude from sweet guy at last night to angry beast in the morning. Her anger boils in response, “Why should I do what you tell me to do? I do what my heart tells me to do. So what if I got up early and made some breakfast?”
Arnav strides to Khushi and grabs her arms, “As long as you are under my roof, you will do as you are told and take rest. What if you got sick in the kitchen because of heat? What if you fainted?”
Khushi gets angry at the rough grabbing and screams back, “So what? What do you care?”
Arnav screams back, “It matters to me, because I…” He stops before he finishes the sentence. He looks at Khushi’s eyes looking at him in anger and pain and his grip loosens on her arm. He steps back and says, “I’m going to office.”
Nani trying to stop him, “At least have some breakfast.”
Anjali, “Chotey, breakfast is ready. Just have some food before you go.”
But Arnav ignores both of them and starts to leave but stops when he hears Khushi’s shout, “If you don’t have breakfast, how would you take your medicines?”
Arnav whirls back and sees Khushi’s face is wrinkled in confusion trying to understand why she said that and his heart starts beating fast again.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome part Tia. Though Khushi may not remember Arnav, her heart definitely remembers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. subconscious is something huge and unavoidable! It's doing the talking for Khushi now! I'm just praying this turns into a conscious effort soon :)

    As usual splendid piece of work! Emotions depicted with the exact pain and its delivered too :)

    Im wondering how will she take his asr outbursts and then her own in and out knowledge of him!

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! !

    Her heart & soul rememberz Arnav....... <3

    Thnxz for tge pm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome update
    loved it
    thanks for the pm

    ReplyDelete