Monday, April 22, 2013

Chapter 14


The next morning, Shaantivan:

Anjali walks towards Arnav’s room to talk to Arnav about his marriage with Khushi when she sees Aakash heading that way as well.
Anjali asks Aakash: Are you here to talk to Chotey about his marriage with Khushiji as well?
Aakash nods: Yes. I need to know for both the families’ sake.
Anjali nods and knocks on his door. When they don’t get any response, they ask HP about Arnav. He replies that he left for work very early in the morning.
Aakash consoles Anjali: Don’t worry, Di. I will talk to him at work. Now I have to leave for work as well.
Anjali nods but her heart beats faster expecting upcoming storm.


VJ’s home:

Khushi wakes up and makes VJ a big breakfast.
VJ notices Khushi’s sad eyes and tries to cheer her up: Hey Chutki, you know how long it has been since I had your delicious cooking. I really missed it.
Khushi gives him a small smile: Thanks Big B.
VJ gives her a big smile: Why don’t I take a day off from work today and take you out? We will do some shopping and eat out. It will be fun.
Khushi replies: I don’t feel like it today, Big B. Can we do it some other day?
VJ insists: Come on. Do it for your Big B, please?
Khushi thinks for a moment, then nods in agreement.
VJ exclaims: Awesome. Just let me go check my emails and inform the hospital. Then we will go out ok?
Khushi nods and starts cleaning up the kitchen.


Arnav’s Office, ASR Designs:

Angad walks into Arnav’s office and gives him a file: Here are all the details you needed regarding Vishal Jaiswal aka VJ.
ASR glares at Angad: Not interested in his favourite colour. Give me the dirt.
Angad sighs and sits down: There is no dirt, ASR. He is an upstanding citizen and well-respected doctor. He had a few girlfriends in the past, but even they speak of him fondly. He has no hidden skeleton in his closet, not even a parking ticket. This guy seems the rebirth of freaking Gandhi.
ASR growls in frustration: But there has to be something. Something we can use to take him down. I can’t let him take my wife away from me.
Angad looked at ASR: ASR, we have been friends for a long time. I hate to rub it in your face, but I had warned you against doing this contract marriage. I had told you that if Khushi is indeed guilty of having an affair with your brother-in-law, send her away. But you decided to do this contract marriage and tie her to yourself.
I also asked you what you would do if your feelings get involved. You said that there is no way you will ever love her. Do you remember that conversation?
ASR grimaces: Yes, fine. I was a hotheaded idiot. Now we have to figure out how to get Khushi back.
Angad rubs his forehead: I don’t see how you can manage that, ASR. The contract had expired long back. Now you have no right to her. Secondly, there is no witness to your marriage. The only person, who could confirm the wedding other than you, is Khushi and she has lost her memory. Now tell me ASR, how will you prove that this wedding actually happened?
ASR grimaces: If I can’t prove my marriage to Khushi, then I guess we will have to get married again. This time, it will be permanent marriage.
Angad sneers: Oh yeah? And remind me, how are you going to convince Khushi to marry you? She doesn’t love you, you know?
ASR sneers back: She will love me once I kidnap her and keep her to myself.
Angad gasps: Listen, that’s a very bad idea. Let’s not get into trouble with the law, ok?
ASR leans on his table and gives Angad a deadly smile: Forget Law, I can take the entire world for her. If VJ tries to keep me away from Khushi in this country, then I will take Khushi to some other country out of everyone’s reach. But Khushi will always be mine.
Angad groans and rubs his forehead to get rid of his headache.


VJ’s Room:

VJ switches on his laptop to check his email and sees a new email with attachment from ADA. He opens the attachment and there is all the information he needed on Arnav Singh Raizada.
He reads the file and as he continues on, his face gets grimmer and grimmer. He gets up from his chair and paces in his room. He could not believe how cruel this man was to his Chutki.
He clenches his fist: You will pay for this, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. You just wait and watch what I will do to you.


Arnav’s Office, ASR Designs:

Angad was arguing with ASR when he gets a call from one of his associates: Hi Rajesh.
Ok.
Uh-huh…
(Stands up agitated) What?
How dare him do that without asking me?
Tell him he is fired.
Shut up.
Then he hangs up the phone.
Angad looks at a surprised ASR: ASR, we got a problem.
ASR raises his brow.
Angad sighs: It turns out, VJ hired my company to get dirt on you and one of my associates took the case and gave him all information about you. Now VJ knows everything and if I am guessing correctly, soon Khushi will know everything as well.
I fired the idiot for not discussing the case with me first, but he didn’t know we were friends.
ASR pales thinking about Khushi’s reaction. He won’t be able to live if Khushi starts to hate him. He closes his eyes for a moment coming to a decision.
He looks at Angad and tells him with a deadly calm voice: Then now we just have to kidnap Khushi before VJ gets to her.
Angad hesitates and then nods slightly.
ASR gets up from his chair: Get me some of your best men. We will get Khushi today.



1 comment:

  1. Gosh can this man make it any more complicated?? kidnap her?? Jee!! Gosh!!

    lol he one knows that the other hired someone to know about him! while the other doesn't! so whose going to win?

    and khushi's state now gives me a slight opening to my previous question! yes shes moved by moving out of asr's den! at least slightly if not completely.

    what next?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete