Friday, August 30, 2013

Chapter 21

Hello everyone,

This is the last chapter of Fast Forward. It has been a lovely journey so far. I hope you enjoyed Rewind and Fast Forward as much as I loved writing them. From now on, I will update Pride and Love until it ends, then move on to one of my other two concepts. So stay tuned for the Pride and Love update coming up next.

Love

T



Balcony, Sheesh Mahal:

Arnav drags Lacy to the balcony and growls with fury radiating from him: What games are you playing Lacy? Or should I say Lachhi?
Lacy answers calmly: I don’t play games, Mr. ASR.
Arnav sneers: Oh, so you are still claiming that you know nothing about my hallucinations and Khushi’s miraculous mind reading?
Lacy looks at ASR and answers in same calm tone: I never said that either.
Arnav growls: What do you mean?
Lacy answers: I mean that I know everything – from Khushi’s death and your second chance to your dream and Khushi’s amnesia everything…

Arnav runs his hand through his already mussed hair: Why? Why did you do it to me? Why did you make me go through this hell and more importantly how the hell did you do it? Who are you?

Lacy answers with a soft smile: Who I am doesn't matter. Your actual question is why you went through all these pain.
You see, Arnav… Like this world, life is also a giant circle and just like a circle, everything that seems to go away, eventually comes back.

A man starts his life as a child, helpless and needing care from others and in his old age, he becomes like the same child, helpless and needing care from others.

Khushi went through the pain and hardship that you gave her and yet put her love for you above all. How could you be worthy of her if you hadn't learned to put your love for her above everything else?

Arnav shouts: But I did put my love for her above everything else now. So then why are you still playing with my emotions with your tricks?

Lacy arches her brow: Did you? Did you put your love for her above everything else even now? Then why don’t you go tell her the entire truth and put her freedom to choose her own faith over your selfish desire to have her to yourself?

Arnav (shocked): But then Khushi will hate me or she’ll leave me. I can’t let that happen.
Lacy replies: You see, Arnav… You still haven’t learned the first lesson of love. It’s never me, it’s us. As long as you think of yourself first, you’ll never deserve her.

Arnav growls: I put Khushi first. If you know everything, then didn’t you see how much pain I was in? How hard I was trying to have her back in my life?
Lacy: Arnav, love is often selfish. It doesn’t want to let go. It wants to hold on at any cost.
But True Love? Ah, it is not selfish. It doesn’t make demands, it gives. It doesn’t oppress, it surrenders. It doesn’t put barriers, it sets you free.

So that at the end of the day if/when the beloved returns, the heart knows that they were meant to be together.

Arnav, you can’t expect to have a happy life together when there are so many secrets. Love, Trust, Respect and Honesty are the four pillars of a successful relationship. Without any of the four, the foundation will be weak and it will eventually crumble.

Arnav shouts: So what do you want to do? Just go in front of everyone and tell everything? And what will happen after that? You know everything, so tell me the future too.
Lacy smiles a sad smile: No one can guess the consequences before their action. The only thing you can do is do the right thing and hope for the best.
Arnav just stomps away from there in frustration.
Lacy looks at his retreating back and sighs to the moon.


Main hall, Sheesh Mahal:


VJ asks: But what now, Anjali? Is ASR going to remain silent and let Khushi think what she thinks now and let her live a lie or is he going to man up and reveal the truth for once in his life and let Khushi make an honest decision based on all the facts?

ASR’s voice booms from behind: I will answer to that.

Everyone turns to see ASR standing on the door with a grim look in his face.

Then he slowly walks to Khushi ignoring everyone. He holds both of her own hands in his own hands and says: Khushi, I have to tell you a story today.
And then he narrates everything, leaves nothing unsaid, but doesn’t give any explanation or excuses for himself. As the story ends, he goes silent.

There was a pindrop silence in the main hall. Not a single person was moving.

Suddenly, Payal bursts out in tears and runs to Khushi: Forgive me, Khushi. I didn’t know how much you suffered for me.
Then she turns to Arnav with blazing eyes and tries to pull Khushi’s hands from Arnav’s: What do you want now? Let her go.

But Arnav’s grip was too strong, so Payal looks at Aakash for help: Aakash, please tell him to let my sister go.
Aakash walks to ASR and says quietly: Bhai, I think you have done enough. Please let go of her hand.
Buaji walks to them and says angrily: What more do you want? Her life? Let go off her.
Naniji also demands: Chote, didn’t you hear what Madhumatiji said? Please let go off her.  
Garima was silently crying while Anjali was trying to console her while crying herself.
NK and VJ didn’t move from their spot waiting for Khushi’s reaction.


In between all the drama that was unfolding around them, Khushi’s eyes were shedding silent tears but looking at ASR and ASR never took his eyes off Khushi as if silently asking her for punishment.

Suddenly, Khushi’s voice stops everyone in their track: So what do you want from me now?
Arnav answers: Nothing. I have asked enough from you. Now it’s your turn. You can ask anything from me. Everything I have is yours.

Khushi replies: What will you do if I walk away from you?
Arnav answers calmly: I will let you go, but spend the rest of my life trying to win you back.

Khushi asks: And what if I decide to stay with you?
Arnav gets down on his knee still holding her hands in his: Then I will spend the rest of my life to be worthy of your generosity and forgiveness.

Khushi pulls her hands out of his hands and turns to the family members: I can’t go against my heart and it says that I belong with him.
Now VJ strides to Khushi: Khushi, what are you saying?
Khushi answers: Thanks Big B for looking out for me when I needed you the most. But I have to fight my own battles and make my own mistakes. And my heart says, giving him a second chance won’t be a mistake.

Arnav looks at VJ for the first time with respect instead of anger: Mr. Jaiswal, I was angry at you for taking my Khushi away from me. But then I realized that she needed someone to protect her from my selfishness. I can promise you that from now on Khushi will have no need for protection as long as I’m alive. Everything that might make her shed even a single tear, will pass through me.

Then he walks to Garima and says: I have never called you Mom, but today I’m asking for a son’s right. A mother always forgives her child, no matter how bad they have been. Please forgive me.
Garima looks at Khushi’s anxious face and then slowly nods.
Arnav smiles: Thank you. I’d also like to ask for your permission to marry your daughter. She only had her dream wedding in my dream, she deserves her dream wedding in real life.
Garima nods her acceptance.

Then he turns and walks to Khushi: Khushi, the wedding we dreamt together was perfect. It was the happiest moments of my life. If you agree, I’d like to relive those moments again with you.
Khushi smiles a big smile and nods happily.
Anjali wipes her tears and walks to the couple: Well, looks like I finally get to plan a wedding for my little brother.
Everyone walks up to the happy couple to congratulate them.


Lacy watches everyone from the balcony door. Then she smiles and walks away in the dark night.


Up in the sky, the stars twinkled like million diamonds winking to the full moon making it glow in happiness like the night it will sparkle again in all it's glory when two soul mates come together as man and wife. 



The End


3 comments:

  1. Fettish?

    Omg! This is done? Cannot believe! What a beautiful journey it has been as a reader!

    Loved it to bits!

    Arnav mane of few words! Lachhi did the right thing or say lacy! Let him solve his battels which he has to!

    Nd khushi, a gem always! Loved it all man!

    Nish nish! So now their actual wedding cool!

    Alls well that ends well!

    Bliss! Now waiting for pride n love!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...recently came across your story 'Rewind' and it's sequel...and just finished reading it...
    It's a lovely story. Their connection is amazing and almost magical.
    You've portrayed their journey very well with all its ups and downs.
    Really enjoyed reading it! :)
    -UV_Arshi (IF)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is beautiful and sad and crazy and really sweet at same time... can you please continue this story.

    ReplyDelete