Friday, May 24, 2013

Chapter 18


Living Room, Shaantivan:

VJ says: We need to go to Lucknow. I will book flight tickets.
Anjali stops him: There’s no need. We have a travel agent who books chartered flight for family vacations. I will call him and book us a chartered flight. It’s the least we can do.
Then she picks up her phone and books a chartered flight to Lucknow. 


Sheesh Mahal, Lucknow:

Khushi screams in rage: YOU…
Then she pushes Arnav away in anger.
Arnav tries to calm her down: Calm down Khushi. I didn’t mean to scare you. I’m sorry.
Khushi’s head starts pounding with a killing headache.
She screams in frustration: How did I get here? (Then she thinks about the kidnapping) Did you kidnap me? And Big B? How is he? Did you kidnap him too?
Arnav says: No, I didn’t kidnap your Big B. My men informed me that he is perfectly fine. I just wanted to talk to you.

Khushi presses her hand to her pounding temple: And you’d kidnap me because you wanted to talk to me? Are you crazy?
Arnav looks at her in concern: Khushi, are you okay?
Khushi looks up at him in anger: No, I’m not okay. I go out with Big B and suddenly a couple of stranger make me unconscious and kidnap me. So no, I’m not okay.
I wake up in a strange home in Lucknow. So I’m not okay.
The kidnapper turns out to be crazy cousin of my brother-in-law and I don’t know how worried my family would be right now. So I’m not okay.
And if you think I won’t press charges for this kidnapping attempt just because you are my brother-in-law’s family, then you are not okay either.

Arnav gets angry: Look, if you want to send me to jail, go ahead. But I couldn’t let that VJ take you away from me. You are mine.
Khushi screams: Are you nuts? I’m not your possession. You can’t just pick up people like that. Who the hell do you think you are?
Arnav stalks to her and grabs her arms in bruising grip: I’m your husband and you belong to me.
Khushi gets very still and asks faintly: What did you say?
Arnav relaxes his grip on her arms and says softly: Khushi, we are married. You are my wife. I’m sorry for not telling you anything before. But when you came out of coma, you forgot everything that happened last year and the doctor told us to take it slow. So we kept quiet. But I couldn’t let VJ take you away from me. You are my life and I love you.

Khushi gets still after hearing Arnav's confession. Arnav was starting to get worried when Khushi asks softly: Then everyone knew that we were married, except me?
Arnav pulls her in his arms: Yes, Khushi. Everyone knew. But we all love you and we didn’t want to lose you again. I’m so sorry, baby.
Khushi starts sobbing in Arnav’s shirt: I’m so sorry I can’t remember.
Arnav rubs her back soothingly: It’s okay honey, it’s okay. I love you enough for both of us.

Khushi looks up at Arnav with tear-filled eyes: Would you tell me about us? How did we meet? When did we fell in love? Everything from the beginning?
Arnav smiles softly: Yes, I will tell you. In fact, I will show you. We actually met where we are standing right now. It’s funny how our life came back a full circle…

Then Arnav starts telling Khushi their story, none of them realizing how the time flew.
When Arnav reaches to the time of Payal and Aakash’s wedding day, he pauses.
Khushi engrossed in the story, looks at him expectantly: So did you confess your love for me then or did I confess first? Is that when we had our happy ever after?

A voice booms from behind startling both Khushi and Arnav: No Chutki. That’s when your worst nightmare from hell began.


2 comments:

  1. my previous comments vanished! I mean it didn't get posted I suppose!!

    All in all I just meant you took us to heights and dropped us off! :(

    The update was sweet!getting back to where it all started was cho chweet!!

    He was anyways telling everything that happened without hiding anything then wha was Vjs prob and why did he had to butt in?

    I know caring bro and all but those things are suppose to be from Arnav's mouth rather than vjs! It might spell trouble!!

    But knowing khushi she being Arnav's khushi and a selfless one by heart I know she'l forgive him! :)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kya entry hai
    Raizadas toh hamesha galat time par aate the aur ab VJ bhi
    Why cant they let arnav khushi solve problema on their own?
    Are they kids?
    Specially anjali
    Couldnt she keep her trap shut for some time?
    She knows arnav will not harm khushi amd he loves her more than his life
    Agreed he miaunderstood her but he has suffered enough
    Update soom
    Waiting eagerly

    ReplyDelete